Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Look Back...

As I finish up my research paper, I find myself looking back at the beginning of the semester. The first few days of class I had no idea what I was going to write my research paper about, and I was worried that it just wouldn't get done, let alone be written well. Looking at the final copy of it now I am pretty satisfied. I'm glad that I chose the topic I did because it was interesting and it helped me to dig deeper into my major and I learned a lot.

I also think that the blogs were a great addition to the entire process. It was nice to be able to write about the sources, or just about whatever I had found throughout my research. It will be a nice thing to look back at in a few years and remember all of the work I put into this paper. It will also be funny to look back at it when the world of advertising has changed, and to find that my "future of advertising" has become the past.

History fascinates me to begin with, so the history of my major ended up being the perfect topic. I think I researched it well and found out many key points that were vital to the development of modern advertising. I am even more excited to take more advertising classes and to eventually start my career in the advertising business. One day you'll be flipping through the channels to find a commercial that I developed. This research paper is truly only the beginning.

No comments: