Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Expository or Persuasive?

Considering my topic is for the most part based on facts and leaves little room for opinions, my final research paper will most likely be expository. I don’t see how I could form a persuasive thesis about the history of advertising; there’s not much that needs persuading. It will be simple to lay out the facts in chronological order and in a neat, organized way. However, when it comes to the strategies used in advertising, I may include some of my opinions on which are best, or where advertising is going in the future. For the most part my final paper will consist of hard facts and information that I have collected, so it only makes sense for it to be expository. In a way, it is a bit ironic. Advertising’s main purpose is to persuade people to buy products, and yet my paper really won’t be persuading anyone to do anything.

No comments: